Saturday, June 27, 2009

Vintage Hat Displays

Today we went to one of my favorite antique malls and I kept seeing similar display stands for vintage hats. It's the first time I have seen these and knew that my friends and fellow bloggers who sell in/at antique stores and shows would love these! This one was made with lamp bases - they put a round Styrofoam ball at the top, they covered it with material or doilies and ties it with ribbon.






Some were candle stick bases, some were vases with a dowel in the center.
Someone had even used a vintage plant stand and put the Styrofoam balls in each pot area.


I thought they were soooooo clever that I had to share!
Who thought you could take a lamp and make ahat stand!
Makes me want to buy some hats to make them lol!

11 comments:

  1. Howdy
    Wow I have never thought of this .
    How very creative.
    Thank you so much for sharing this great discovery.
    I love old vintage hats but only have a few hat stands .
    This has opened up all kinds of new possibilities.
    Thank you so much.
    Happy trails
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how creative ! My Great Great Aunt was a milinary (sp?) and made hats in San Francisco for a living. Thanks for sharing !
    Hugs ~ Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are cute! I haven't ever seen those before, but it is very eye-catching!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Traci
    p.s. I am having my first giveaway, stop by if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a cute and clever idea! Looks like little heads!
    BE a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somebody was very creative! They do look a little strange without the hats :)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really a great idea... Thanks for posting that... Stop by my blog for my 100th post giveaway if you get a chance!
    Have a great week!
    ~Really Rainey~

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing, you never know when an unusual way to display will come in handy. Have a giveaway on my blog, celebrating my first 6 months...please come by and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, it does make you want to go buy a hat! Though I've never worn one, I do think they're quite lovely. This is such a great idea!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jo, Love the blog - great ideas. Will definitely try using the lamps - they are so cute! The plant stand and also, a candlelabra have worked also.

    ReplyDelete