Friday, June 19, 2009

I have a love for lavender - its not just a like - I mean I LOVE LAVENDER. So when I saw we have a lot of lavender farms around us I was over the moon. Then I found a pamphlet for a Lavender festival tomorrow, so as you might have guess I KNEW we would be attending. I don't usually like to go into crowds but this will be an exception!

I always loved the scent but never experienced the taste of lavender. We stayed at a B &B in Amish Country and one of the courses was lemon pound cake with (you guessed it) lavender! I know it sounds bizarre but it isn't! They are going to have lavender chicken salad, lavender and blueberry cake lavender cookies, lavender lemonade even lavender ice cream (could it get any better 2 of my favorites!).
There will be lavender classes on soap making,paper making, lavender wands, and a lavender tea

I have to feel sorry for my poor hsb
....I think I'll be in lavender heaven.

2 comments:

  1. What a great hsb you have a real prince. Should do something special for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow came across your blog as Ive been blog hopping :) Thought Id say Hi :)
    :)
    candy

    ReplyDelete