Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thrifty Treasures

This weekend we weren't overly successful at garage sales but I lucked in when we stopped at an antique shop in Fairborn OH called Bittersweet Antiques on Main St, if you are any where nearby please stop in. This is our 2nd time in the store and both times I found things I couldn't live without for prices that are reasonable......There were many items I would've loved to have but I spent my budget for this time
My 1st find here was my most expensive at $35. I have a mirror that I dug out of a dumpster many many years ago and the mirror has become cloudy and the frame is separating. When I saw this one I knew it was the right replacement. Apparently Miss Emily likes it as well....
Close up of the top:
In its new home:

My next find is a birdcage Stand that I got for $19. I plan on stripping and spray painting it bronze . I am going to put it in my living room and hang a plant from it.
Emily also gave her seal of approval - I think she is checking out the detailing on the base of it:
I'm not sure what this was, maybe something off of an old washstand? I plan to put it up in my bathroom for towels. I got it for $15
The next item came from a garage sale. I paid $4 for two of them.
I plan on stripping them - I'm still debating paint or stain
I think it depends on what the wood is like - I usually stain everything
I really like the design on the sides:
My hsb also found something at a garage sale, he couldn't live without for
A band saw for $25.

10 comments:

  1. Those end tables must be the new fad. I've seen several online in the last week. Now if I could just find one in my area. It's great your husband found something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo, I think I'll hit that place next week sometime. Thanks for the e-mail. Cute little end tables- will you paint them or stain them? I need to find some new places to shop. I've bought it all from my shop in Lebanon. LOL Let me know when you want to go out and about! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute finds! Love the birdcage stand! Hi Miss Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That mirror looks like it was made to be there on that wall! I LOVE that birdcage stand, especially the base of it! I've never seen one like it before. And those little tables are so sweet, and full of possibilites...paint or stain?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your finds. That mirror is beautiful and those end tables are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty, you have a great eye for detailing on pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness Jo, you have your work cut out for you - such great deals, fabulous prices !
    My kinda gal :o)
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Great finds! Love the mirror and tables. Please post your "after" shots of the tables when you've made your decisions...I'd love to see them "finished"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the tables. they would look great painted a funky color!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun treasures, really love that bird cage stand. Thanks for visiting the ABC Design Blog. Remember you can come back each day this week, leave comments for the other DT members and be entered for each new stamp set, along with a second entry for following the blog, so leave two comments on one

    ReplyDelete