Sunday, August 2, 2009

Frame Up


A few weeks ago I bought a bunch of frames for $1 a piece from the thrift store I use to manage. Some I am going to sell at my yard sale as is and others I am rehabbing to put some of my photos in to sell and some I'm just hanging on to (I bought 22 of them)

I wasn't sure what to do with this one because it is missing some of the bric-n-brac but I thought what the heck, why not spray paint it with everyone's favorite heirloom white (I also was itching to spray paint )- why is it once you start spraying you start looking at everything like hmmm maybe I should "freshen up" this or that? I feel like spray paint junkie!

BEFORE:


Yup, I almost forgot to take the before photo - after the 1st swipe I went oh no!

AFTER:


BEFORE:


AFTER:


I was really surprised how well it came out - it was naturally shabby chic - I didn't have to crackle it, it came crackled. Now I'm wondering what else to paint

....step away from the spray can.......

It's still wet so once it dries and I put one of my photos in I'll put in an updated photo
So I couldn't step away from the spray can. Here is another frame I painted


After:

Before:
After

11 comments:

  1. Lol...step away from the spray can...lol. I can so relate.

    The frame looks so much better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. be careful you may be, like me a spray can addict lol! great job they turned out perfectly cracked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Gotta love that spray paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ewe I love it, that is what i'm about to do. Crackle several items real soon.

    Blessings,

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo, Love the crackle white! Great transformation! Thanks for sharing!

    Have a lovely week!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you did, You Go Girl !
    Hugs, Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Built in crackle, Nice job. It looks good.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your frame metamorphasis looks great~ well done.

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a bunch of cans of spray paint in the utility closet, awaiting weather not so humid that paint will dry. I love what you did here. The crackled look is just perfect! I never could get it to look like that when I tried it. So I take my hat off to you!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like what you have done with this frame!
    It amazes me how different a color can change something.
    Thx for sharing on met monday.
    Blessings to you from Kansas,
    d

    ReplyDelete