Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Oh Crap...What's That I See.....

As most of you know I have a  "issue" with bats
I have become paranoid abt them
tonight I smelt something funny so I went
out the front door to see if it was outside
I looked up and saw - kind of saw 
since I didn't have my glasses on


seemed odd that
 a bat would not be flying
is it sick?


So what do I do???
yup get the camera...


...then tell my hsb


My hsb hits
 the side of the wall.....and


and a head popped up!!!


I thought it was a baby starling
but I have been told
Thanks anonymous!
 it actually is a wren
not in a nest
with no Momma
I think we disturbed
 his beauty sleep 
rest as long as you 
want sweet little bird


Very happy it wasn't a b-a-t

TODAY UPDATE
Baby bird was gone when
I got up this am
I was glad to see him go on his way
 but sorry for me

12 comments:

  1. Oh, the poor little bird - it looks so sweet. I do hope it survives and does well.

    Like you, I'd be very relieved it wasn't a bat!

    Cynthia K. (Beauty and Blessings)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how precious. I love birds! Makes me want to cry he has no momma. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you were gonna show me a bat..and I would panic

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I couldn't wait to see what is was. it looked so weird.

    I'm a new follower
    http://www.bassgiraffe.com/2010/06/follow-friend-link-ups-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from NFFriday. Oh my gosh, so cute and so sad it left. I am glad you didn't convince yourself it was a bat and smack it. I couldn't figure out what it was either. Stop by my blog if you have a min and follow if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was so hoping it wasnt a bat, lest it attack you.

    happy FFF :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lmao... I knew The Queen would have something to say about this one. She once ordered the oxygen toting King to SHOOT a bat... in her house!!!

    Surely little birdie can fly if he's up in the rafters. That's definately a good sign he's off to the right start :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m following you now on New Friend Friday! Please follow me back on my blog “Inspire!”

    My latest inspirational postings are, “Springtime Beauty,” “The Power,” “The Triumphant Heart,” “Pure Love,” “Peace of Mind,” and “Simple Gesture.”

    Ron

    http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, what a cute little bird!

    (visiting from nff)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Friday Follow. How cute! Loved the way you presented it. I love birds too. That's one reason I'm the beachbird.
    Best wishes,
    Judy B., beachbird2

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found you through NFF. Love your blog! I am your newest follower. Stop by when you can!

    Lydia
    www.ontheverge6.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Found your blog through another. Just wanted to let you know..that's a wren.

    http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Carolina_Wren/id

    Enjoyed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete