Sunday, November 8, 2009

Thrifty Finds

Thrifty Finds

Friday was 1st Friday downtown.
I went to one of the antique stores and found the following item for half price - so it was $6.50!
 I will be using it for displaying item when I have my booth in the Spring Show



also got these glass beaded necklace for $1 - it will be re-purposed!



This weekend we went to a Christmas Bazaar at a local church. I am toying with the idea of doing some bazaars and I was scoping out what people sell and what they sell it for. They had what they called Santa's Attic I thought it was going to be  a children's shopping place was I surprised when I found some vintage items!

As you can see this angel was .50




The plates were 2.50 total:


For $5:



Please join Diane at a Picture is Worth 1000 Words for 2nd Time Around

Please join Leigh at Tales from Bloggeritaville for Thrifty Thursday

9 comments:

  1. Oh what wonderful finds. I especially love the despression glass, and the angel. Isn't it fun to find such wonderful treasures. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo- Love that pink!!! What is first Friday? Do all the stores have special sales? You need to let me know when you want to go out thrifting or estate sale-ing!
    hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo,
    Sales like this make my heart skip a beat! Thanks for linking with 2nd Time Around and sharing all your goodies!

    Love that pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo...

    What great treasure finds! I love the vintage folding trays! I've never seen a "double-decker" like this before! Awesome! Ohhh...and all of those beautiful pink dishes...and all for just $5! Thanks for sharing your pretties with us today!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the pink depression glass, can't believe it was only $5 for all of it! the christmas angel is really pretty too, it looks very old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The depression glass is beautiful...i have a few pieces and YOU got them for a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great finds! I used to have a pearl necklace just like the one you found. I loved it.

    I see that you are a retired nurse. I'm a nurse too, 15 years! I went back to school when my kids were a little older. It's been a great profession but I'm tired now. Nursing is so demanding isn't it!? I think it's time for me to slow down now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful finds! I love the necklace. There are so many different ways to use it! I would love to see what you do with it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful treasures you found!IS that real depression glass? In any case, lovely! And the tray table-adorable!
    Thank you for linking up to Thrifty Thursday this week, and as always thank you for being a friend in Bloggeritaville.
    Leigh
    Tales from Bloggeritaville
    www.lbratina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete