Sunday, November 8, 2009

Hermit Bars

These are one of my sisters favorites ( another favorite are Buckeyes).
These  are easy to make and great gift for Christmas




Hermit Bars



1 cup sugar
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup molasses
1 egg
3 cups flour
1/2 cup warm water
1 tsp. soda
1 cup raisins
1 tsp. each ground cinnamon and cloves




Mix the raisins,baking soda and  warm water 
in a seperate bowl to plump up the raisins.
 While they are plumping up, in a separate 
cream butter and sugar together. 
Add the rest of the  ingredients together.



Spread on a 12x18 pan 
Bake in oven for 10 minutes 
at 400 degrees.
 When cooled cut into bars.




7 comments:

  1. Looks soooo yummy!
    Thanks for sharing the recipe.
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can taste them now-sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am gonna love these. Anything with molasses! And the recipe is easy- very wonderful!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT!!! recipe. I love molasses and with raisins.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I could eat molasses by the spoon, this recipe will be going on my holiday list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These were a favorite of mine as a child. I love your recipe ... thanks for the memory. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete