Monday, April 26, 2010

Tomato Florentine Soup

Its a dreary rainy day in Ohio

When looking in the fridge
I had a hodge podge of ingredients

So I decided to make


Tomato Soup Florentine


chopped up tomato
chopped up basil
minced garlic
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 c of broth ( veggie)
spinach
Greek Yogurt (if you want it creamy)

I mixed the chopped tomato,


chopped basil


minced garlic, crushed tomatoes
 and broth and pureed half of it until smooth


I took the pureed mix and added it to the
other half and spinach in a crock pot


and let it cook all day
 abt 1/2 hr before eating
I added 1 C of Greek Yogurt 
to make it creamier

If you don't like spinach
you don't need to add it
and if you rather it more smooth 
than chunky puree 
all of the mix



Linking up to

17 comments:

  1. Oooo, that looks so yummy!! Soup sounds good on a cold, gloomy day like today. I want our nice weather back!!

    I have a giveaway going on right now. Check it out if you have a second! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm, I love recipes with fresh basil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yum! This looks delish! I wonder if I puree the spinach, if I can get it by my kids and hubby? :D

    Have a great day!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds great! I just need to find some fresh basil and I'll be set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yumm! I love tomato soup!
    http://www.inspired2cook.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so tasty! I like that it seems so simple.

    ~Aubree Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I love creamy tomato soup. I had no idea how easy it was. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I'll be sure to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never added spinach... what a great idea! Definitely add the Greek yogurt to my cup!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both tomatoes and basil. I should try this soup.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks fantastic. Tomato soup has always been my big time comfort food. I'll try this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tomatoes, basil and a crock pot - that works for me!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks yummy! I'm going to have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like a wonderful recipe and with my little basil plants getting bigger and bigger I'd love to try it!

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum! This is on my "to make" list...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love tomato soup!!! This looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hubby says this soup is wonderful. I could eat it every day. Thanks Honey

    ReplyDelete