Saturday, February 11, 2012


There aren't many 
old photos
of this room
because it
was pretty much
a catch all room

It did have blue/grey
 indoor outdoor carpet
we tore up

under it was this
 lovely green linoleum

so we decided to pull it all up
and redo the wood floor
if it was in good shape

(why is there always 
an until in old houses)

we noted a square 
pattern in the linoleum
thinking it might be
a trap door
(don't you love our imagination)
as we pulled it up
we noticed soot on the edges

The new boards are 
wider than the old 
boards and instead
 of replacing the whole length
they cut a square area out

We thought redo then 
put a carpet but 
it is in a very odd place
back to the drawing board
and at this point we
are thinking abt painting
the floor a dk walnut color
but it won't be until 
the summer 
when we can open it all up


  1. Oh, my, that's disappointing! I hope the painting project will go smoothly for you. I'm a new Linky Follower, would love for you to come visit me. :)

  2. Thank you I am following you as well