Saturday, October 17, 2009

Today was the Day......

Have you ever been at a stand still about something so you do nothing
but you hate what you have?

Finally one day you've decided you can't stand it any longer
and come up with an interim solution?

Well that was today ! I have hated the screen door since we moved in and I should've had Champion put a new one in when we had the house sided but being a tightwad I mean frugal, I didn't (Also should've had the window that has lost it sealed done (but that is another story) so now I have been looking at this ugly screen door - I know what I want but for some reason (something else always comes up) I haven't had it done. Not to mention I hate having work people in my house - don't have anything to hide but for some reason it bothers me - anyone else out there feel that way? I don't know if I should offer them something to drink/eat, I don't know all the protocols. It took me months to arrange to have carpet laid for those reasons. Yes, I am one of those people who would clean my house b/4 the housekeeper would come ( no I don't have one never have)

Ok, so this is similar to what I want when I get it


This is how bad it looked prior to this am:

and this is how it looks now:

Yes we just removed the ugly screen door until I can get the nerve up to have someone here to put a new one in - my hsb would normally do it but the door is odd shaped like everything else in this old house, so we decided on having someone else go thru that aggravation
who would've thought just removing it would make a big difference!
Please join Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday

12 comments:

  1. I really does make a difference. I love the look of your door, your porch is wonderful too. I want a screen door too, but havn't found what I want. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo! Oh, I like your entrance without the extra door! You have a lovely olden door and now it gets to strut her stuff!
    BE a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a difference. It is nice without the screen door, but nice to have one.
    cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the looks of just the front door. It does make a difference, doesn't it. I wanted to thank you for posting to Crock Pot Wednesday and to let you know that Mister Linky is up for this week's event. There's a giveaway going on:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't cover up that beautiful door!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good girl Jo ! We have some wierd sizes in our doors too and have had to have some re-sized !
    Hugs !~ Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes a dramatic difference and shows your gorgeous door. I would not cover it up! glad you took the plunge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so want to do this to my screen door- the glass section in the bottom broke a few weeks ago when we were moving in furniture so maybe now is my chance!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that old door. I'm so glad you removed that screen door that was hiding it. Great transformation and pretty easy too. Just my style. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a motivating post to just take action! Thank you so much for sharing this. I truly appreciate it. And your door is full of character and I LOVE seeing it out in the open. :)

    Happy Met Monday!
    http://www.mooreminutes.com/2009/10/walls-wrapped-in-charm.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great!

    I have a linky party and a plea for help at my place, care to stop by:http://theshadesofpink.blogspot.com/2009/10/room-month-bedroom-conundrum.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jo love the new look... Its great
    xoxo
    Julie

    ReplyDelete