Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekend Adventures


This weekend
we were going to
celebrate my birthday
by going to a favorite cafe
 and going to
 the Springfield Extravaganza

We did go to Teaberrie Cafe


It was an old schoolhouse




Besides the cafe they have a country shop




My hsb took a photo of me walking in
he know I hate having my photo taken


the patio


Inside the cafe










From the main room you can look into an enclosed porch
They had a bridal shower in there that day 


My dining companion


I had the Calypso
grilled turkey/provolone
cranberry walnut horseradish sauce
on 12 grain bread
with pistachio pudding


My hsb had
Reuben panini


after much debate 
we decided not to go to the extravaganza

there wasn't anything 
I really needed as
 I'm trying to clean out 
and downsize

and at $7 per person
 just to look seemed a bit pricey
I imagine there were a lot of goodies there

After reading some of the comments
on their fb pg
(vendors leaving early
parking
prices
and getting in to the
 fairground nightmares)
 I'm glad we opted out
and went yard saling
We didn't buy anything
 and best of all it was free!


4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! It sounds like the perfect day. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!

    Where is the Teaberrie afe located? It looks so quaint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teaberries is west of the Clark County Fairgrounds and east of Clark St Com College on Leffel Lane in Springfield

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have never heard of this place, Jo. Gee, your hair has gotten long. I cut mine but don't like it, so I guess it will grow out, once again.
    Hah! You thought $7 was expensive to get into the Extravaganza- we paid $12 to get in on Friday morning! It gave us a three day admit, but no way I wanted to go back. It was such a hot day when we were there. We stayed about 6 hours- my scalp is sunburned. OUCH! Happy Belated B-day!! Looking forward to seeing you sometime this weekend. :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete