Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Easy Mac and Cheese

This is my families favorite
I have tried many versions
but this is the one they like
in parenthesis I have put what I use
to make it a little more healthy


Mac n Cheese
2 C uncooked macaroni ( ww pasta)
1 lb (16oz) Velveeta (2%)
½ C milk (I use almond milk)
Breadcrumbs (panko)
Butter (olive oil)
Cook macaroni
 according to pkg directions
and drain.


Cut Velveeta into cubes
and combine w milk.
Microwave for 5 min –
stirring every min or so
until the mix is uniform.


While the cheese is melting
moisten breadcrumbs
w/ melted butter or olive oil

Put cooked macaroni
 in a pan that is baking safe
mix with melted cheese.


Top macaroni mix
with breadcrumbs

set the mac n cheese bowl
inside on another pan
that has water in it 





bake for 30-40 min
– until bubbly
and top is browned




2 comments:

  1. Yum! No better comfort food than mac-n-cheese! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the mac and cheese my mom used to make - now you've made me homesick! :)

    ReplyDelete