Saturday, January 10, 2015

Spicy Ginger Scallion & Egg Drop Zucchini Noodle Bowl



 I saw this recipe here and thought it 
was much like Hot and Sour Soup which I love
I bought this zucchini maker at Walmart

 and used it instead of a food processor
I adapted the recipe as follows:


                                                        Spicy Ginger Scallion and Egg Drop
                                                                   Zucchini Noodle Bowl
              
1 large zucchini,
2 tbsp minced ginger *
2C chopped Kale
1 cup chopped scallions
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
4 cups vegetable broth
1 cup water
2 large egg, beaten


I used this minced ginger
 I found in the freezer section at Walamrt


Add the red pepper flakes, ginger,vinegar, 
soy sauce, vegetable broth and water in a pot.
 Bring to a boil. Once broth boils, add in the kale. 
Then, slowly add in the egg while stirring the broth.
Add in the zucchini noodles, scallions and 
cook noodles for about 2 minutes.
Plate into a bowl and enjoy!

It makes 4 cups or 3 servings










1 comment: