I adapted this from here
3 cups oats
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ cup oil
⅓ cup maple syrup
3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
½ cup pumpkin butter
½ cup mini chips
add ins : mini chips, dried fruit - cranberries- raisins-pumpkin seeds etc
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves Stir well to combine.
- In a saucepan combine the oil, maple syrup, brown sugar,vanilla, and pumpkin butter. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then reduce the heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes until the liquid has thickened.
- Pour the syrup over the oat mixture, stir to coat everything and pour the granola onto the baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake, undisturbed for 30-35 minutes on the middle rack of the oven.
- At the end of the cook time transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool undisturbed. The granola will turn crispy as it cools.
- Once cooled use your hands to break the granola into large clusters then stir in the mini chips and dried fruits
- . Store in an airtight container for up to a week.