Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Orange No Bake Cookies

These Cookies are a biggie with my family

It was the kids job to roll and coat them with coconut
at Christmas


Orange No Bake Cookies



1/4 lbs butter
 1 lbs powdered sugar
1 box Vanilla Wafers - crushed
6 oz. Frozen orange juice - partially thawed
coconut




Crush the vanilla wafers into fine crumbs



Cream the butter and sugar.
Add the juice and crushed cookies
Refrigerate for half hour.


Measure out about a tspful



Shape into bite size balls


roll in coconut (takes about half a bag). Can be frozen.
Great cookies to have the kids help you with but it can be messy!






6 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever come across this recipe before, it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No cook! I'm so doing this. They look delicious. I'm a former RN--so nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried a similar recipe, but I believe it used concentrated orange juice (in the tube), and graham crackers. I don't remember adding coconut either. Bet they're yummy. The recipe I had was good too. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of these. They sound yummy. I'll be giving them a try :)

    CHRISTmas Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting recipe. Yum:) Merry Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are old favorites at our house. Our recipe calls for 6 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate. Because some family members do not care for coconut, I usually roll some or all of the cookie balls in powdered sugar.

    ReplyDelete