Monday, September 3, 2012

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake

Mine


When I saw this cake I knew
I had to make it
for my son's birthday

Reeses Peanut Butter cake

1 box cake mix chocolate
(cake made according to pkg)
1 can vanilla frosting
peanut butter
2 cans chocolate frosting
1 bag Reese's pieces
10 Reese's Cups

 made peanut butter frosting
I added peanutbutter
to vanilla frosting
until it tasted right



made a regular chocolate cake
putting the peanut butter
between the layers
and frosting the top
and sides with chocolate frosting


insert 9 reeses cups
around the top


filling a pastry bags
and piping swirls
on top of the pb cup in the centers
and in between the side cuips


piped stars around the bottom


Added Reese's Pieces 
to the top







The only problem I had was the room
was warm so the frosting
was warm
and made it difficult 
to decorate





The birthday boy....




the aftermath





8 comments:

  1. Visiting from Tasty Tuesday - what a delicious looking cake! My daughter would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks Delicious!I am going to try to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!That looks so good!I'm going to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great idea. I would make it all homemade though. Don't care for box cakes or cans of icing. But such a great idea and pretty!

    ReplyDelete