Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Home Tour

I'm still working on decorating my house
so I will add as I go
So please check back


I just love this tree with the colored balls
I can see it out of the parlor window
one of those things that just brings a smile
to my face when ever I see it







Over the years we had fun with this sign with our kids
It was 3 to 2 so they had it more on the nice
than we had it on naughty

.

At night





The Family Room
The snowman collection has a new home this year


this is the one that started it all off......
Devon made it
when she was 3 1/2 in preschool
It has been put together more times than I can remember


A few years later these snowman
were created at Michaels create a craft
and came to join the group


A few years after that 
the girls both made these in Girl Scouts




I bought these at Target already made




The Dining Room
Snowglobe collection














The Front Parlor:
The Santa Room







On top of the Armoire


On the coffee table



On top of the bookcases:


Yup that Santa has a kilt


The Tree


The Foyer


My son made this for me one Christmas in Boy Scouts


The Kitchen
The gingerbread room
















I bought this back in 1974
One of my first decorations


 am linking up to the following:





Rhoda's Southern Hospitality's Home for the Holidays



The nspired Room's I"ll Be Home For Christmas


Nesting Place's Christmas Tour of Homes

12 comments:

  1. How fun your Christmas tour was. I love your snowglobe collection and all of the gingerbread things!
    Don't you love bringing out the kid's handmade ornaments?
    The greenery looks so pretty in your burgundy room.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely decorations you have for Christmas. Wonderful of you to show us your home and collection.
    cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've certainly got that Christmas spirit!!
    I am in love with your snow globe collection. I am working on one myself but I dont have as many as yuo have.
    I also love the copy of the night Before Christmas on your mantle - super cute!!

    thanks for sharing..have a happy holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The naughty/nice sign is perfect for my house! I'll have to get one of those! Beautful collections!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jo :)

    You've done a beautiful job! I am in love with your dining room :)

    I linked back to your posts on the house tour. Your pictures turned out fantastic! Oh and next year? Still thinking about it ;)

    rue

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful home! I love the night pics with the white lights...so pretty! Happy Holidays! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow thanks for all the links for other home tours! Your house looks great. I love the ornaments/balls on the outside tree. I have been wanting to do that at my house also. And the nutcracker (?) your son made in Boy Scouts is a treasure!! Lovely home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home is so beautifully decorated for Christmas so warm and inviting, thank you for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tree is so lovely! I especially like how it looks from the outside at nighttime. The snowmen your kids have made through the years are adorable. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG How lovely your house looks for Christmas, Jo! I am so behind in reading my favs, but here I am now. Couldn't sleep... I love all of your collections, the Santas, the snowmen, your bird obsession, the snow globes.... The visit you took to the little store/restaurant in S'field is so cute. You'll have to tell me where it is. I never get over that way. Thanks for always stopping by to visit. I enjoy coming by here, as well.
    hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jo! We have not really MET and I am ashamed about that! I have just spent an hoyr this am reading your past posts and SO loving your home. You are such a special lady and I hope we can meet in *real* life in the new year!
    Thank you for your comments about our Kip...still waiting to hear from the doctors this morning...
    I finally became a follower and am so happy about that! Now I am off to read more.

    Have a sweet weekend Jo!

    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Charming!

    Thanks for showing us around. Come by and visit me anytime. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete