Sunday, March 7, 2010

Glass Holders

Both of these items were easy and inexpensive to make

Under Glass 

I had the glass jar
I believe I paid
$2 for it



I bought birds (2 to a bag)
eggs  and nest for $1 a piece
at Walmart
A handle full of rock
from a bag  that I bought for another project 
(Dollar Tree)

I layered rocks
on an angle then tipped the nest
added the eggs and birds


So for about $5 you can make this



Glass Plate Stand



I bought a glass plate
and a glass candlestick 
each for a $1
at Dollar Tree
The glue E-6000
I got at Walmart 
I believe under $4 


All I did was put glue on the candle stick top and 
inverted it onto the glass plate



the hardest part was to 
leave it alone
and let it dry...


So for $2 and a little bit of glue
you get a really nice cake/fruit etc plate



11 comments:

  1. Luv your little bird nest...so cute and thrifty! Hope you have a FUN Monday!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the cake stand and I have made several of these as gifts from the dishes at the DT. They look fabulous. Your apothecary jar is wonderful. I love the display. Don't forget to save this pic and use it in the "Spring Cloche Party" coming up on the 2nd of April. Beautiful crafts. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those birds are so cute. But that plate is super clever. It looks like the perfect cake plate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness for 'dollar tree'.... the birds are really nice.....
    Sandy

    http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Thanks for sharing with Made it Monday! Jules

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a sweet cloche with the birdies -- and a great cake stand too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative! Do you know I saw a Baltimore Oriel bird just exactly like your faux ones yesterday? Such a pretty little thing!
    Well done!

    Happy Easter!
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for joining the party. I love your apothecary jar, and the cake stand. Beautifully done. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jo, I love your apothecary jar, all filled with spring decor! And how frugal, too. I gotta try my hand at making a cake stand- I saw some glass candlesticks at GW yesterday and actually have the glue. Maybe soon, in between all my nursing and house-maid duties... LOL
    Have a Happy Easter, my friend. xo Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Neat ideas! Love the yellow bird and nest! Thanks!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your little jar you got for $2.00 !! Sweet little cloche's you have !
    Eunice
    The Little Things

    ReplyDelete