Saturday, March 27, 2010

What's your emergency......

Ummmmmmmmmm 

The electrical pole
 in front of my house is on fire


yuppppp
 5 am the power went off
so I got out of bed
 to see if everyone's power was out

Yup it was
but wait what is the red floating stuff....

Looks like sparks
So I look up
and what do I see....
 yup flames coming out of the pole
(I didn't get any pix til it had 
died down - I was to worried  in awe)

WAIT THERE ARE FLAMES
COMING OUT OF THE ELECTRICAL POLE!!


and the embers are landing on my van!!

So I called 911
 The fire truck came
and they sat there and watched it burn...
I mean ?????

the the electric company comes
the fire dept leaves


the guy gets up in the bucket with a fire extinguisher
they leave 
an hr or so later......












All fixed and back to business
What a way to start the day


Ps this whole episode fried our router
so no internet until late last night

3 comments:

  1. Such excitement! The utility companies are pretty much an entity unto themselves. Which is why the FD probably didn't do much. Glad the dang pole didn't burn through and fall on your house. You would be dealing with DP&L's attorneys for years. LOL Mr. S is home and doing okay. Tired and needs to get strength back once again. whew what an ordeal. Thanks for all your prayers, kind thoughts, and friendship. xo Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was Dad trying to work on the electricity again?

    ReplyDelete