Monday, March 8, 2010

Second Time Around

A couple of weeks ago
I got a few items at an antique store
to complete the top of the cabinet



The cranes match a piece of art work
in the room


I originally thought 
that they were carved out of a hard plastic
similar to bakelite
however a fellow blogger Karina
post a comment that lead me to research them
the and I believe
 they might be carved out 
of some kind of horn
Thanks to Karina at Thas Nifty
if anyone else has any info
I'd appreciate it

I also found a ceramic bell jar


I think it works it well





linking up with




7 comments:

  1. Jo those look so great together. I love the cranes...hope you find out more about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like they were meant to be together. Great finds!
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice arrangement and nice treasures. The bell jar is just beautiful and fits in perfectly.
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your cranes are carved horn, maybe buffalo, not plastic. They reminded me of a ship sculpture my grandparent's had. you might want to google search: heron carved horn. There was one in the shopping tab, that looked a lot like yours.

    Yours are fabulous! thanks for sharing :)

    -brightest blessings-
    Karina

    thasnifty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good finds and very nicely arranged.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything in this arrangement goes well together. Great finds!!

    ReplyDelete