Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What are You Reading Wednesdays



The First Book
 I want to talk about
 is called


The Narcissism Epidemic: Living in the Age of Entitlement

by Jean M. Twenge, W. Keith Campbell
 
I think what hit me in this book is how something as simple as the cutesy t shirts
"I want to have it all" and social sites such as MySpace and Facebook have impacted our society.
 
I brought my kids up in this time peroid, we were told there were no "losers" everyone got a trophy - we didn't keep score. This book brings to light how this has lead to a generation of now adults
 who do not know how to live ion the real world of disappointments.
Why is it that we did all the positive self esteem yet more young adults are on antidepressants?
 
Why is it that they now feel that they are more "special" than anyone else and why is it they feel they are entitled to what their parents struggled to achieve through hard work
 
 
This book was such an eye opener - it has got me looking at life in a whole different light. It makes me wonder about the children of this generationa dn will thsi come full circle?
 
please add on your book of the moment with your thoughts and review - it can be any kind of book
Leave your url in the comments and I will post them
(I'm still trying to figure out Mr Linky..so please bear with me
 


No comments:

Post a Comment