Thursday, July 30, 2009

Lemon Bars


My daughter made my recipe for Lemon Bars today and I thought I'd share the recipe

Lemon Bars
1 pkg lemon cake mix
1/3 C Crisco
3 eggs
1/2 C sugar
1/2tsp bkg powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 C lemon juice
powder sugar
preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine cake mix, 1 egg and crisco in a medium bowl until crumbly. Measure 1 C and set aside. Pat the rest lightly on the bottom of a 13x9x2 inch pan. Bake at 350 for 15 min or until lightly brown. Beat remaining 2 eggs, sugar, bkg powder, salt, lemon juice until light and foamy. Pour over the hot crust and top with reserve crumbs.Bake at 350 degree for 15 min or until lightly brown. Sprinkle with powder sugar. Cool on a rack and cut into a square.
They really look nice on a glass plate - in our house they don't last very long!


12 comments:

  1. These look great... I love lemon bars with tea! Happy Foodie Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemon is so refreshing and in this heat wave we are having that would be a good thing.I prefer lemon to chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lemon anything is great in the summer. These look delicious and so pretty in the covered glass stand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these wouldn't last long in my house either! I love the dish you put them on, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look YUMMY!!! My husband loves lemon bars. THANKS!!!
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have only made them once before and I loved them Lemon Bars. Thanks for reminding me of them.I must make then more often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my all-time favorite desserts. Thanks for sharing it. I hope you will join me at Diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com for Crock Pot Wednesdays. Mister Linky is up and waiting for you to present one of your favorites crock pot recipes. The details for participation and the announcement for the first giveaway item are posted. Come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your lemon bars look delicious! And I love how you displayed them....lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of my all time favorites too. I haven't had them in a while, but they used to be the bars that I brought to everything. I'll have to give them a shot . ~ Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look lovely, and they would never last at my house!

    ReplyDelete