Sunday, October 30, 2011

My new "old" cart

I got this cart at GW outlet 
for $2


I wasn't sure what
 I was going to do with it


I just thought it was cute
but not really into the pink

soooooo

I decided to crackle finish it
I thought copper as the base
 until I put it on and didn't like it at all
way too pink


so a used a brown


since I wanted it aged looking
I wasn't overly careful
in painting


I then put the crackle finish
and once it dried applied
Heirloom White
paint


Viola it started
cracking right away


I had a few flubs
 I had to go over 
but in the end 
that made it 
look more aged






I painted the wheels heirloom
crackle 
then 
ochre color



I don't usually 
like crackle finish
but I thought it
 would look better
as an aged piece



I plan to use it 
to display items
when I have 
my craft booth




So Very Creative
Craftomaniac
Make it For Monday
Just Something I Whipped Up Monday
Making Monday Marvelous
Tip Me Tues
Get Your Craft On
DIY
Show and Tell
Show and Tell Sat



Whatcha Work-up Wed
I Gotta Create

2nd time around

2 comments:

  1. It does look aged. I like it better in the white. WOnder what it was used for before.

    ReplyDelete