Sunday, May 12, 2013

Lagoon Table

Last year
I bought this table
at a yard sale



I wasn't sure
what I wanted 
to do with it


One day it 
came to me
my inspiration 
was a can of 
spray paint that 
was given to me



it was 
called Lagoon


after I sprayed it
I was worried 
my vision was 
to top it off 
with a map
I ended up scraping
 the veneer off 
and sanding it
Next came the 
placement of the map
Once I knew the
 placement I cut 
it square
then affixed
 it was modpodge



now I rolled it on and I
squeegeed it so
 it would seal
well.....20 min later........
this appeared....



I was horrified!


my hsb suggested
 I wait until the next day
I was prepared to 
inject glue under the map


the next morning 
there were NO BUBBLES
all I can think is
 it shrunk as it dried

I then sanded the edges off



I then inked 
around the edge 
where I sanded it

I then applied a
 watered down 
bronze glaze












I then sprayed
 it with poly


This table is going 
to Springfield Extravaganza






No comments:

Post a Comment